Monday, April 26, 2010

REI Camp Towel


We all have gear lists when we are planning an adventure. Sometimes we write it. Sometimes we memorize our list. Sometimes we tell our friends the list so we can blame them when gear is forgotten. I am confident that most people rarely forget important items. What takes a trip to the next level in regards to gear is the little things. An ultralight titanium mug or an almost weightless piece of candy that soothes your soul (and your sweet tooth).

REI's camp towel is one small item that really makes my backpacking adventures more enjoyable. The 85% polyester/15% nylon microfiber mixture really facilitates quick drying and admirable absorption rate. From doing the dishes, drying your tent, or practicing good hygiene these towels have many uses. Hygiene you ask? I hope you are removing all the dirt and grime from yourself before crawling into your $500 sleeping bag. All that crud will ruin your down not to mention disgust your bunk mate.

I have been using REI towels for around nine months and am yet to damage one (I have a small and a medium one). This product does not absorb odors and goes from fully soaked to bone dry in a few hours. This towel reminds me of what a SHAMWOW is supposed to be. Even when it is wet it will still absorb more.

My only possible criticism is I have seen some slightly lighter and cheaper towels on the market but I have no experience with them.

REI has various sizes to choose from. Wash cloth sized(small) to beach towel size(x-large). I strongly recommend this product even to the ultralight crowd at 2.2 oz.

Performance: 9
Quality: 8.5
Weight: 7
Price: 6.5
Tilt: 9

Total: 8

REI $9.50(small w/case), 2.2oz

No comments:

Post a Comment