Monday, April 5, 2010

ExOfficio Boxer Briefs


Today I would like to share with you my thoughts on a life changing pair of boxer/briefs. I know you must think I am mad but I cannot be anymore sincere. To properly explain my aforementioned bold statement I must get a little personal. I am about 5'7" and weigh 230 pounds. While I am strong and some of my weight is muscle, I have quite a bit of fat as well. As a heavy person I used to be the victim of inner thigh chaffing. What made things worse was my propensity to sweat without cause. When combining skin to skin contact and moisture, pain and suffering will ensue. While I always enjoyed backpacking, hours and hours of hiking would cause so much pain my trip would be close to ruined. My 12 hour shifts at the hospital would be spent in agony.

Enter the ExOfficio boxer/briefs...my life has been changed. These boxer/briefs have eliminated all skin to skin contact and moisture. Not only has my backpacking trips become endlessly more enjoyable but my daily life has vastly improved as well.

I have owned this product for about 6 months. Right away most people will be turned off by the price at $25 a pair...but worth every penny. Now that the only downside is out of the way lets get to the good stuff. ExOfficio has really made a durable product. I Have been rotating 3 pairs daily for 6 months. They get washed between each use so each pair has seen the washing machine, dryer, and actual use very heavily. I have seen no break down of the elastic. None of the fabric has been ripped or worn. The little logo has faded overtime but this has no effect on performance.
The comfort level is nothing short of sublime. The boxer/briefs feel like a second skin but are designed to give my boys plenty of room. These are more comfortable than any cotton boxers I have worn. During running, hiking, and working I have not had to re-adjust these.
No matter how much you sweat these boxer/briefs will wick all moisture away. The 94% nylon/6% spandex mix allow for quick drying and will not retain odors.

I have categorized this product as ultralight. The reason for this is not because they are that much lighter than cotton boxers (they are about an ounce less). The other reason they are ultralight is I only need one pair in addition to the one I start with, no matter if the trip is two days or two weeks. Wearing a pair all day then washing before bed ensures I always have a clean pair.

I give this product my highest recommendation. Spending $25 dollars now will provide daily comfort for many years to come.

Performance: 9.5
Quality: 9.5
Weight: 8
Price: 4
Tilt:10

Total: 8.2

REI $25, 2.875 oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment